Grammar Review: Verb Tense and ComparisonsJuly 21, 2009 at 6:20 am | Posted in !grammar | Leave a comment
UPDATE: The answers to this test are posted here
- I have to write a paycheck for all of my seven employees. So far I _____________ four paychecks and I have three more to go.
- (go) A: I know that it’s late, but can I talk to Sarah please?
B: No, she _____ already ______ to bed.
- (finish) We can’t eat yet because the noodles ________________ cooking.
- I was looking forward to eating the last piece of pizza, but by the time I got to the boardroom somebody had already ________ it.
- (fall) Oh no, I’m bald! All of my hair _____________ out!
- (steal) A: My bike is not where I left it. I think that somebody _______ my bike just now!
B: Oh, that sucks. My bike ____________ last year.
- (see) A: ______ you ______ the new Harry Potter movie?
B: No, I ____________ it.
- (see) A: I ___________ our friend Elizabeth in a long time.
B: What? She was at the party last night. Didn’t you ______ her there?
- (make) I wonder if I __________ any mistakes on this test so far.
For example: I am 183cm tall. My brother is 187cm tall, so my brother is taller than I am. My sister is 170cm tall, so my sister is shorter than I am.
- My uncle is rich, but he would like to be ___________.
- The room is clean, but it could be ___________. It’s ___________ as when the house was new. (you need three words to fill in the blank. The middle one is a preposition)
- This tea is too hot to drink. I will wait for it to get _________ before I drink it. (Use the opposite of ‘hotter’. It also ends in ‘er’)
- I am scared of spiders, but I am even _____________ of snakes.
- I had to move last month. I wanted to find an apartment closer to my work, but I couldn’t. Now I am living even ___________ away than I was before. (Use the opposite of ‘closer’. It ends in ‘er’)
- I am so bored. I am _____________ than I have ever been in my whole life.
- At first, learning Japanese was very difficult for me. But over time, it became much _______________. (Hint: what is the opposite of difficult?)
- Many courses in high school were difficult for me. I think that algebra was the ________________. (Hint: the word ‘the’ means that you need a superlative to fill in the blank)
- (beautiful) A rose is _____________ than a weed.
- Yesterday, I felt sick. Today I feel ____________ than yesterday. I have a bad pain in my throat which is getting ____________. (Careful! the answer is NOT the opposite of bad)
- Even though I am _____________ than yesterday, I am still _______________ as my two coworkers. (you need three words to fill in the blank. The middle one is a preposition)
- My coworkers are even ____________ than I am. Out of the three of us, I am the _____________ of all. (Hint: the word ‘the’ means that you need a superlative to fill in the blank)
- When I get sick, my muscles are __________ than usual. (Use the opposite of ‘stronger’. It begins with a ‘w’)