Meet the Moose
Hello! My name is Colin. Some of my friends call me Moose. You may call me Moose too if you like.
Are you looking for a friendly English tutor in Vancouver? I have plenty of experience. I worked as an English Tutor at Douglas College for four years. It was a very rewarding job, and I would like to help more students prepare for the TOEIC test, edit their school work, or just practice conversation.
I charge $15 per hour. The first lesson is Free!
I do all of my tutoring in the food court at the Robson Public Market. The Robson Public Market is on Robson Street at Cardero. I can meet students there from 1:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. seven days a week.
To arrange a free lesson, email me at ColinTArmstrong@gmail.com
Originally, I started this blog because I felt that Vancouver needed another ‘news and views’ blog. I thought that it would inspire me to keep up with what was happening in my beloved city. I also naively believed that I could consistently be entertaining. Well, that didn’t work out so well.
Then, I decided to use my blog to help ESL students prepare for the TOEIC test. I started slowly building pages about grammar, vocabulary, and English Expressions. However, that mission also stalled.
So now the static pages and the blog posts are just whatever the hell I feel like putting up. At this point, I’m mainly doing this to entertain myself. If anybody else gets a chuckle or learns something, that’s fine too.
Here is some additional information about me:
- I grew up in a small village in the province of Ontario. The name of the village is Springfield. Some of my friends find this amusing because Springfield is where The Simpsons live.
- I lived in Toronto for a few years. I didn’t really like Toronto. The weather was too cold and the people were too.
- I LOVE VANCOUVER. Moving to Vancouver is the best decision that I have ever made.
- I live at Davie and Cardero, close to English Bay and Stanley Park. I consider myself very lucky to live in this neighborhood.
- Even though I am still very happy living in Vancouver, I want to travel to Japan for at least one year.
- I am slowly learning Japanese. I regularly go to the language exchange clubhouse on Granville street for Japanese tutoring.
- I enjoy karaoke. My favorite place for karaoke is the Jupiter Cafe on Tuesday nights.
- My best friend has a nick-name that is even stranger than mine. I call her Pterodactyl.
- I have just started to learn to play the harmonica. I hope that I can keep practicing.
- I have clinical depression. It’s not a self-diagnosis; there are three doctors and one counselor involved. My condition is asymptomatic, meaning that I don’t respond to antidepressant medication the way that most people do. And that sucks.
- If you want to follow me on Facebook, you can find me at http://www.facebook.com/colintarmstrong.
If you want to see my past blog posts, you can browse them by category. There is a drop down box in the right-side column. I have also kept a List of Previous Posts.
If you have any suggestions for this site, feel free to leave them in the comments section.
Have a groovy day,